Wednesday, Sep 9, 2009
In 1609, Captain Henry Hudson arrived in New York Harbor and discovered the majesty of the Hudson River. Four hundred years later, H209 Forum will commemorate this pioneering voyage by exploring water challenges facing coastal cities in the 21st century with experts from both sides of the Atlantic. While the focus will be on The Netherlands and the New York/New Jersey metropolitan region, solutions and ideas arising from the conference will benefit coastal cities worldwide.
Finding solutions for coastal cities is the main theme of H209. The conference explores sustainable adaptation to climate change, keeping safe and dry, ensuring water quality and building in harmony with nature for megacities in the decades to come.
Sponsor: Regional Plan Association
. The Honorable Mary Landrieu, US Senator, Louisiana
· Lisa P. Jackson, Administrator, US Environmental Protection Agency
· Tineke Huizinga, Dutch Vice Minister for Transport, Public Affairs, and Water Management
· Chris Ward, Executive Director, Port Authority of New York/New Jersey
· Frank Heemskerk, Dutch Minister of Foreign Trade
· Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., Chairman, Waterkeeper Alliance
Date: September 9 & 10, 2009
Location: Liberty Science Center, Jersey City
Registration: Click here