City & State
Sallan Executive Director Nancy Anderson Receives CSR Award
Nancy Anderson, the Executive Director of the Sallan Foundation, was honored to receive recognition along with fellow awardees (see below) for outstanding accomplishments in the field of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in the real estate and construction sector by City & State.
Photo Credit: Andrew Kist
City & State is a multi-media news organization devoted solely to covering government and politics in New York.
City & State CSR awards showcase outstanding accomplishments of leading New York corporations and executives who successfully promote one or more of the Core Principles of Corporate Social Responsibility: Charity, Diversity. Environment & Sustainability, Equity, Ethics, Privacy, Sourcing, Transparency, Volunteerism and Community Engagement. The award was presented on Wednesday, May 31st at New York Law School. The ceremony included a 30-minute "Thought Leadership" discussion panel focused on innovative Corporate Social Responsibility practices within the real estate and construction communities, including initiatives that increase positive social and environmental effects of everyday transactions.
The 2017 Corporate and Social Responsibility Award in Real Estate and Construction honorees:
- Husam Ahmad, P.E., Chairman and CEO, HAKS
- Alloy LLC
- Nancy E. Anderson, Ph.D., Executive Director, The Sallan Foundation
- Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corporation
- Ofer Cohen, Founder & President, TerraCRG
- Louis J. Coletti, President, Building Trades Employers Association
- Colliers International
- Dagher Engineering, PLLC
- Jeffrey R. Gural, Chairman, Newmark Holdings
- David Lombino, Managing Director of External Affairs, Two Trees Management
- Charlotte Matthews, Vice President – Sustainability, Related Companies, L.P.
- Glen Oberwiler, Owner/President, Raice Construction
- Nayan Parikh, President, Ashnu International Inc.
- Seth Rosenblum, CEO, Rosenblum Companies
- Renee Sacks, Ph.D., Executive Director, Women Builders Council
- Carlo A. Scissura, President & CEO, New York Building Congress
- Emily Sheridan, VP of Strategic Programming & Philanthropy, Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc.
- Shimon Shkury, President and Founder, Ariel Property Advisors
- Skidmore Owings & Merrill LLP
- Chris Straile, Project Manager, Sustainable Comfort, Inc.
- Karen A. Sweeney, Senior Vice President, Diversity, Inclusion and Community, Turner Construction Company
- Russell Unger, Executive Director, Urban Green Council